Oh my goodness golly gracious gosh, these look so flippin’ fantastic that I think my horn is about to vibrate off with excitement! <insert clop joke here/>
I’m really excited to make these myself, and with a ribbon tied around the rim, these are going to be soooo cute!Ingredients:
- 1 box white cake mix made according to package instructions
- Neon food coloring in pink, yellow, green, turquoise, and purple
- 3 one-pint canning jars
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thoroughly wash and dry the inside of each canning jar.
- Spray the inside of each jar thoroughly with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Scoop about 1/2 cups of cake batter into five small bowls. It doesn’t have to be perfect, don’t panic if you get a little more of less of one color than another.
- Tint each bowl of cake batter with the food coloring until very vibrant.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the purple batter into the bottom of each jar.
- Spoon equal amounts of turquoise batter, then green, yellow, and pink.
- Place the jars in a shallow baking dish, add about 1/4″ in water in the baking dish. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove jars and allow to cool completely before scooping a small portion from the top of your cake and adding a hefty dollop of vanilla buttercream to the top.
- Sprinkle & serve, or cover with a lid and store in the fridge or pop into the mail & surprise someone you love!The recipe was taken with love from bforbel.com and I’m so excited that I’m freakin’ out a little! WOO!
Cakes in jars make the girls go woo-woo!
Nanashi. Tempest. What say you? :3
this is so pretty but i’d leave out the frosting because i don’t like cake frosting
can i just make it a decoration…….
i could eat this right now omgg
Red Velvet, one of my biggest weaknesses…Good thing I’m making red velvet cookies soon.